Covid-19 Protection Framework ‘Traffic Light System’
The New Zealand Government has announced that we will be moving to the Covid-19 Protection Framework, also known as the traffic lights. This will come into effect from the 3rd December 2021.
Fiordland Helicopters have introduced a Vaccination Policy into our workplace, which covers our approach to COVID-19 and vaccinations. We are committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace by protecting the health and safety of our staff and everyone entering our work premises.
We have a fully vaccinated workforce and are working towards this for our clients who perform work on our premises or use our services.
For this reason, we require all clients or contractors of Fiordland Helicopters who are 12 years+ to have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before any flights commence. We please ask for you to have your vaccination certificate present on the day of the flight. This includes those who have temporary vaccination exemptions. Routine scanning of vaccination certificates will be conducted by pilots, ground crew or reception staff.
We regret that if you have not been fully (double) vaccinated and do not have an exemption at this time, you will not be able to fly with us. Please get in touch with our team if you need to discuss your booking with us as a result. We have made this decision for the safety of our staff team, our visitors, passengers and our community.
Our Covid-19 measures are:
- Vaccination Certificates will be scanned prior to boarding. Any person that has a failed scan result can not fly.
- Sanitizer is available at our hangars and offices.
- Face masks are provided for use in the helicopters.
- All helicopter head sets will be cleaned and disinfected before each flight and between passenger loads.
- QR codes are visible at every entrance to our hangars or office. Along with details of each flight being recorded for contact tracing. We will contact you immediately if any Covid-19 related issues appear.
- Frequent hand washing and social distancing will be exercised.
- We will follow any guidelines outlined by the government when moving between traffic light levels and have developed operating procedures for each level. These will be sent to you if an enquiry is made or you have a booking in place during a change in level. You are welcome to view these at any time.
What you can do to help us prevent Covid-19:
- If you are feeling unwell, please contact us before arriving at any of our facilities. We can reschedule your flight for another time.
- Passengers will need to use the hand sanitizer and masks available.
- Using the contact tracer app
You can view our full terms and conditions, including Covid-19 cancellations, here.
We thank you for your support.
Kindest regards, All the team at Fiordland Helicopters